Android has revolutionized in the past decade, and has overtaken all other mobile OSes in the realm of modern technology. However, where many people fall short is when it comes to availability of Android smartphones or tablets. Many users have a PC all set, but they also do want to taste the latest and greatest apps and games that Android has to offer. If that’s the case for you, meet RemixOS. Jide released the 2.0 version of RemixOS at CES 2016, and without a doubt, that’s the best thing that has ever happened to PCs and Macs. RemixOS, as the name implies, isn’t an emulator like BlueStacks or YouWave. Instead, RemixOS is a fully functioning OS ported and made special for desktop PCs and Macs. I’ve personally tried it out, and it can be said that not only does it allow you to enjoy the apps and games that the Google Play Store has to offer, but it also gives your PC or Mac a complete makeover.
However, the tricky part is where you install RemixOS. See, RemixOS doesn’t take up any storage on your system, but it needs a pen drive. RemixOS unpacks itself as an improvised version of Android, and installs itself on a pen drive. All you need to do to run RemixOS on your PC or Mac is then just to insert the pen drive in, and boot from RemixOS. Let us start from the very beginning. In this comprehensive guide, you will learn how to install RemixOS on a Windows 7/ Windows 8/ Windows 8.1/ Windows 10 or a Mac. Let’s see how it is done.
- In order to install RemixOS on your PC, you’ll need a pen drive with at least 8 Gigs of storage. Make sure that it is formatted in Fat 32, and it has a USB 3.0 mechanism.
- For you to boot into RemixOS, you will need to press a designated button. On most PCs, it is the F7 key.
- You need to disable Secure Boot and then enable Legacy Boot.
How to install Remix OS on Windows PC or Mac
- Use our download link provided above, to download the RemixOS.zip file. This contains the .iso file, and the USB tool.
- Use WinRAR or 7ZIP to extract the contents in the ZIP file. Once done, connect your pen drive to your PC.
- On the little pop-up that appears, click on the Browse button, and select the ISO file you’ve extracted just now.
- Click ‘Ok‘ to begin installation on your pen drive. Be patient, as this might take several minutes.
- Once it is done, you will find an option to reboot your PC, and then boot into RemixOS.
- Just when you reboot your PC, press the ‘F12’ option, or whichever key is assigned to go into the Boot Selection menu. Now, you will see a variety of options. You would be interested in the one which you’ve installed RemixOS.
- Next up, you will be able to see a screen with two options. Namely, ‘Guest Mode’, and ‘Resident Mode’. Select the ‘Resident Mode’ option, and press enter.
- This boot might take quite some time, but once it is done, you will be greeted by a wonder-some new OS.
- On a Mac, press the command key when you are booting up. This will enter you into the Startup Manager, from where you need to select the option named Remix OS, or similar.
- Now, all you need is patience.
Good going! With our comprehensive guide on how to install RemixOS on a Windows/Mac computer now over, you can surf around our large space and can come across many Apps that you can try on your PC! If you have any queries, feel free to hit us down in the comments section below!